Perfect harp amp???

But can any amp be "perfect?" What are your volume requirements? How =
much "crunch" do you want. And ...................
bottom?
midrange?
warmth?
fullness?
cut through the mix (treble)?
sweetness somewhere in the tone?
sustain?
And I like some clarinet-like "liquid" feel in the tone too.
I'm sticking with the two amps I have now. I'm more than satisfied with =
the range of sounds I get from them. And for economic reasons and to get =
away from worrying about technology in order to concentrate on playing. =
Also the MIC I have really gives me what I want in combo with the amps. =
(It's a Hohner Bluesblaster modified by Mr. Downchild of Cleveland.)
One amp is a Fender Bassman reissue. The rectifier is old stock. And I =
put in two 12au7 tubes on the advice of Carlos Del Junco. (Thanks, =
Carlos) It gives me the qualities of sound I'm looking for in a darn =
good blend. And plenty of overhead so I can really vary the volume =
according to the band and the room.That amp is for real gigs.=20
For jamming and rehearsals I have a Dan Electro Dirty Thirty. It's a =
tiny solid state amp. Just a few watts into a tiny speaker. There's a =
Dirty/Sweet knob that lets me dial in the right amount of crunch. And I =
can carry the thing, mic, cables, pedal, and extension cord in one =
shoulder bag. Harps in my case. So I can even open doors for myself! It =
sounds surprisingly good. Not the thing for loud gigs because it has to =
be micd and you can easily get into feedback problems. I've yet to try =
it direct out, however, and would love to hear from someone who has. =
I've been told that works well.
A longtime and fine Cleveland harper, Mr. Stress, doesn't even carry an =
amp any more. He goes through a Pod (?) simulator into the PA. Sounds =
fine. And as I've noted here before, another local harper, Colin =
Dussault just goes through his vocal mic. The guy must do 250 gigs a =
year like that. Seriously.
And finally, I hate to sound like a cynic or a pedant, but some folks =
have fine gear and sound awful because they don't have a good acoustic =
tone in the first place. Acoustic practice comes first, folks.
Hope I didn't bore you. No economic ties to any brand name or person =
mentioned above, blah, blah, blah.
Blu

Harmonica Blu
BluXpres@xxxxxxxxxxxxx