RE: perfect harp amp

- --Apple-Mail-1--373079046

Boy, I can just imagine what will come up on this thread.  If I could
have my ideal amp it would be
1. Feedback free at stadium level (ok, I'll settle for club level.
Actually I've gotten pretty good at controlling that, but it would be
great to be less of an issue).
2.  Weigh half of what my Bassman weighs (I currently use a 1960 4X10
bassman, last of the real tweed bassman amps). Hey,
  I'm getting old and cranky. At least the bassman is less than my super
reverb and my twin that stays in the closet for good.  When I used the
twin all the time, and lived in an upstairs apartment,   gettting it up
the stairs after a gig was my weekly aerobics.
3. Affordable.  I'm into the Bassman for more than I'd like to admit,
and that's with it retweeded and re-trannied due to previous
alterations.  When I see clean bassmans original bassmans going for
over $5K, I wonder how many players can afford these things.  And the
boutique amps are pretty darn pricey too, from what I've seen.
4. Have more variety in sound.  A lot of amps have a good sound, and
different amps sound different of course, and it would be nice to just
flip a switch to go from clean to rich distortion without getting the
raspiness that you hear with most built in or fx pedal distortion.
5. Onboard echo (not reverb)  and eq, so I don't need the pedals.  As
it is I frequently leave my modified Danecho off just because it's one
more thing to plug in, and I don't use the eq as much since I've gotten
better in controlling feedback.
6.  A more versatile preamp section that matches the impedance of my
mics better (I use either a harp commander or my current favorite, the
TC Electronics preamp, with the Bassman and I know that some will cry
"foul"   but it seems to work better depending on the mic).
Anyway,  I can think of a number of other modifications and accessories
(like a wireless remote that automatically turns down the GUITAR
PLAYER"S  amp) but it could get silly.
Re: Harpmac wrote:
yes now lets hear some thoughts on what you cats think the perfect harp
amp should consist of.

  mac

Re: Harpmac wrote:

now lets hear some thoughts on what you cats think the perfect harp
amp should consist of. </color>

- --Apple-Mail-1--373079046--