Re: [Harp-L] New addition to Harp-L archives

I'm not sure if everyone realises what a big deal this is. For the archive to be useful the information in the headers has to remain correct and intact. What to do for example with a post that comes in with a date of 1956? A person, in this case Ben had to look at each and everyone of these posts to insure that the dates and formatting were correct. It's a lot of work especially when you consider that this stuff could have and should have been archived as it posted originally. A rare combination of technical and editorial expertise. Harp-l the list is about building community. A working archive furthers this goal in a way that the day to day list does not. It moves us from the ephemeral to an historical document that chronicles how the disparate harmonica community gathered in one place and communed. My hat's off to Ben. I could not and would not do this job without him. In every way he's the co-owner of this list. I'm not sure there's any way to adequately repay Ben for all of his hard work but you can try by using this resource, the archive and continuing to post in a way that builds community and furthers the understanding of ALL things harmonica. fjm 1/2 harp-l-listowner