Re: [Harp-L] you know that you are aharp fanatic when.............

Michael wrote:  "I saw that set about an hour ago at a "Linens and  Things"
store. $29 USD. I thought about giving the BBQ set to my wife's aunt and
keeping the case. Then I remembered I own too too many cases. Looks like it  could
easily hold
about 20 or more diatonics in place if you set them face  up. Chromatics
would have to lay down.
mike"

.......The set you saw, Mike -- might not be quite the same as the set Rick
from New Zealand was talking about.  A year or so ago I bought such a set  as
a gift for a friend's husband (now I'm wondering how I can persuade him to
hang the tools inside a cabinet and turn the case back over to me since I'm now
adding to my harmonica collection, but I digress) and he was enthralled by
the  quality of the case almost as much as the gorgeous stainless tools inside.
 I've since seen many different versions of this barbecue tool set.  The
cases come in all different sizes and quality of construction and the tools vary
as well.  The one I bought at around $60 (from Cosco)  retails for  over
$100.  The case is deeper and better made than the one from Linens and  Things.
Saw some recently at PCRichards here on Long Island  with prices ranging from
$40 to well over $100.  Some have double sided  cases and twice as many
barbecue implements.  Some  are much sturdier  than others.  I'd imagine that the
hinges would be the first things to go  on the less well made cases with the
amount of use they'd get as harmonica  carriers.  So caveat emptor.  I confess
though, I still  think about the one I gave away.......

Elizabeth