[Harp-L] Re: Sonny Terry-Huang's?

"Bry Thomas" <baddaddy_46@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On the Huang site there is a pic of Sonny Terry and
>a (suppopsed) quote from him expressing his love
>for Huang harps and how that's all he plays, etc.
>
>Any comments on this?
>
>Happy Holidays, etc.
>
>Bryan Thomas (snowy...Indiana)

It's true.

Just before Sonny Terry died, Cham-Ber Huang gave him a set of Huang Star
Performer Harmonicas, and he liked them alot!

The following quote from him is genuine:

"This (Star Performer) is a power harp! It sounds so good that I'll be
playin' it the rest of my life." - Sonny Terry

Unfortunately he died soon after...

Happy Holidays.

Madcat
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx