[Harp-L] trying new harps to compare...

Went shopping in a different town today. It was the Christmas gathering for my wife's family so I dropped by the music stores in that town (about an hour away) to see if they were any cheaper and the selection might possibly be better than around here (hard to be worse).

Well, saw a few things. Actually, the prices on Marine Bands and Blues Harps were a dollar HIGHER than here. They were going for $28. L.O.'s are $39 here, they were $32 there. They had some Suzuki Folkmaster and Bluesmaster harps, but not in any keys I would possibly be interested in. The Folk was $16, Bluesmaster $23. They had Johnson's for $6. Had to try one, just to do it. C2C has the 12 key set for a real low price. If they are even close to decent, it might be nice to have around. So, I bought one...we shall see. I also bought a Big River "C". It was $17 ($18 over here). Wanted to try it since online they can be had for around $11. Thought "C" to be a decent key choice to see how it sounds and plays.

Well, it's off to clean the Hering and do some evaluation of the others.

Sincerely,

Bry (Indiana)