[Harp-L] Unusual Settings for a Bassman

I got to sit in with Mark Wenner and the Nighthawks last week.  While talking
with Mark during the breaks I checked out his settings.  He was playing through
Green Bullet and a Bassman RI.  The Bassman settings were totally not what I
expected.  Bass - 2, Mid - 2, Treble - 3, presence - 9.  Despite the obvious
intent to diminsh the Bass and accentuate the highs, his tone was full, rounded
and cut through like a knife.  I asked him about this.  He said "Its sort of my
sound, you know?"  Granted this is not what everyone else out there is doing,
but then again, not everyone else has been playing 200 nights a year for 30
years.  He must be doing something right.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com