To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 11:49 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Bob Dylan's harmonica playing

Hi y'all,

I listened to Dylan's music since I was a teenager and my opinion is this:
His harmonica work is perfectly and completely appropriate for what he is
doing musically and poetically. For the statements he's making, a rich,
complex harp technique isn't wanted. Would I want to employ such a style in
a Chicago/west coast blues groove? No. But that's not what he's doing- at
all.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh