Re: [Harp-L] Cleaning & Caring

>Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:41:39 +0900
>From: Harvey <harvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Harp-L] Cleaning & Caring
>Hello all,
>
>I almost feel guilty posting this because I'm sure it has been answered
>at some point before...
>I really couldn't find the answer though!  All my attempts came up with
>advice on how to get
>a clean sound... Anyway!
>
>I just got my first harmonica, and I want to know how I should care for
>it and whatnot.
>
>The one page manual it came with says to tap it on your hand to get
>moisture out when
>finished playing, and then to let it air out before putting it in the
>case.
>
>Does anyone do anything more?  Like, just a guess, soaking it in
>alcohol or something
>once a month, or... anything like that?
>
>If anyone has a suggestion of a good webpage or something which covers
>the basics I would really appreciate it!
>
>Thanks all,
>Harvey

Welcome aboard Harvey,
  try this
http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/maintclean.html#sanitisingdiatonics
Click on 'HOME' to get the contents.
Although the Chromatic Harmonica Reference is primarily aimed at chromatic
harmonica players, quite a lot of content can be applied to diatonic harps
too, including the Cleaning, Playing, Technique, & Exercise sections.

Another good free website for harmonica is
http//myquill.cc
Diatonic Harmonica Reference

-- G.