[Harp-L] Harmonica Tonite@ the NJ Food Banks Benefit!!

I know we don't have that many Harp-l'ers in the NY Metro area, but I thought I post this wonderful benefit gig I'm doing tonite (and every year)...Happy Holidays to all my Harp Brethren 'round this bumpy Globe!!! and apologies as always for the extra bandwidth... rp

Harp Content:
I'm Blowing a Diatonic Solo on "This Christmas" and will back up the Great Antonique Smith on a Chromatic solo on "Oh Holy Night".-)

The State Theatre in New Brunswick, NJ has just undergone a 3 Million Dollar Renovation and last night was "The Vienna Boys Choir"...tonight we'd like to infest these premises with the likes of the some local "Vermon", namely my band:

The Hudson River Rats......

    What's all this about.... "FOOD" for the "Needy" in the NY/NJ Metro area....

Writer and Rocker extraordinaire,Glen Burtnik (written hits for Randy Travis, Don Henley, Patty Smyth....has also toured w/ Styx) is hosting his yearly Fundraiser since 1989.....after many years doing the show in NYC, this year Glen chose this beautiful and historic NJ venue.

     It's called XMAS XTRAVAGANZA....and in the past
has featured regulars such as: Willie Nile, Patti Smith, Phoebe Snow, Marshall Crenshaw.....and many more.

Tonite: The Hudson River Rats will team up with the "Vermon Horns".....and we'll cover two Classic R&B
Holiday Tunes:

"This Christmas" (Donny Hathaway)
"Everyday Will be like a Holiday (William Bell)

The band:

Rob Paparozzi (Vocals & Harmonica)
Ed Alstrom (Piano & Vocals)
Bailey Gee (Bass & Vocals)
George Naha (Guitar, Arranger)
Bernard "Pretty" Purdie (he played on Donny's Hathaway's original Version of 'This Christmas')

Vermon Horns:

Eddie Manion - Tenor Sax
Tom LaBella - Alto Sax
Tom Timko - Baritone Sax
Rich 'La Bamba' Rosenberg - Trombone
Mark 'Love Man' Pender - Trumpet

All performers play for free...

PS...I always loved these two tunes, special thanx to Jeff Kazee for turning me on to the Wm Bell tune, and we'd like to dedicate our performance to the late great:
DONNY HATHAWAY.
http://www.xmasxtravaganza.org/santashome.php

Happy Holidays to all,
Rob Paparozzi