Re: [Harp-L] what else do you do?

Subject: [Harp-L] what else do you do?

This is slightly off topic but not....

What else do you do beside playing music and does that something else
help or enhance your music?

Well here goes: I am presently selling dental merchandise and equipment, and I also repair and install dental equipment.  I also have remodeled the house where we now live, adding a basement and then finishing it so that I now use it as a music room.  I have only been playing harmonica for the last six or seven years, seriously, so the addition has been a real great place for me to practice and work on my harps.  My back ground as a service tech on dental equipment has helped me with the repairs on my harps.
Let's see, on Monday night I jam with an Irish group in Springfield, Thursday night I practice for 2+ hours with the country/ western band, that I play with every other Saturday, running the sound board on alternate Saturdays.  The C&W band has probably been the second biggest factor in any improvement in my playing.  I had been only playing straight harp up until three years ago, when I begin to work on the other positions.  This change was because of my desire to become a better back up harmonica player, as I enjoy playing back up and harmony, almost better than I do playing lead or taking a turn-around on a song.
My wife and I raise Labrador Retrievers as a hobby.  We have I chocolate male and female, and one yellow female.  Wish we had some puppies for Christmas but sorry to say we don't.
Doyle