Re: [Harp-L] RE: what else do you do?

I build harp amps. I also build for another manufacturer and gig
occasionally. Sometimes I think
of getting back into the job market but I love what I do and if it pay's the
bils, it's good enough
for me.

Scooter

> Replying to the what else question:
>
> FWIW, I have a meditation practice that also helps me while performing to
stay present to the whole situation -- to myself, the music, and the
audience.  When things are working well, I don't go on auto-pilot, and I
don't get distracted by extraneous thoughts; I can respond more directly to
the needs of the situation. One example:  rather than being distrcated by
some extraneous thougths, I can sense my own emotional response to a song
and use it in how I continue to put the song across.

> I have thought that part of what makes a peformer "compelling" to an
audience is the performer's ability to really be there with them.