Re: [Harp-L] OB, CX or XB?

Aout altered tunings, in came some of you missed it the first time round,
you could do worse than listen to the few soundites of Eric Chafer we have
put online in Planet Harmonica all these years ago.

The link is : http://www.planetharmonica.com/EricChafer.htm it's in English.

Eric plays jazz without overlows on an altered tuning that some like to call
"Augmented Spanish Tuning". His tone is to die for, and if some of you are
looking for a better quality recording of his, there's a short but sweet
instrumental on Jean-Jacques Milteau's wonderful compilation of 22 great
harmonica performances available in the US from amazon .com at the following
link : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00007JGPV/planetharmonica
You can even listen to a piece of that particular instrumental from Eric on
the Amazon website.

In all seriousness, never has a live harmonica player amazed me so much as
the first time I heard Eric. Unfortunately (for us ?) he's such a great
musician that he's not happy on one instrument alone, and currently focusing
on his tuba skills in a great and called les Troublamours. I'm hoping he'll
come round to harmonica one day and record as a soloist. I'd love to hear
him as a sideman on various records too, but in order to do that he'd have
to be a bit of a businessman too, something he's not even close to being...

Ben FELTEN