Re: [Harp-L] Roger Boyce & Tony Little Sun Glover

> Hurricane Sez :
> ¿ How many of you guys learned ( ¿ or are in the process ? ) something off Tony
> Glover's book ?
---That would include me, though I didn't find Tony Glover's book until around 1977[I started playing in 1973]...and the first Glover book I found was Blues Harp Songbook. I don't think I learned a single lick from the book-I  wasn't ready for what I just remembered that Glover called "imitative discipline."[pretty cool...and I'm pretty sure that's the phrase Glover used..I hadn't thought about that phrase for YEARS...and that speaks to how deeply the book hit me.] But I was enormously influenced by what Tony Glover had to say about harp and the great blues harp players...he wrote with such passion and his book pointed the way for me,that's for sure.
     Of course Tony Glover is alive and well,still playing and,along with Scott Dirks and Ward Gaines, authored Blues With a Feeling [The Little Walter Story].
WVa Bob