[Harp-L] Re: fields, raphael, stardust memories

Charlie McCoy is fantastic. I was just introduced to him in a workshop at
last year's Beanblossom with Buddy Greene. Greene, rather than providing
licks or tone exercises like a lot of workshops, just walked us through
his personal journey with the harmonica. He mentioned the people that
influenced him and how. Charlie McCoy's name came up a lot. So when I got
back home I looked him up and WOWEE that guys been around. He plays nearly
every instrument in the book. He is an amazing talent, still touring. He
has two instrucional books. All-American Harp I have and recommend. The
other, I do not have and therefore have no opinion on.  His harmonica is
_the_ definitive country harp sound. You can hear elements of appalachian
tunes, old-country fiddle, a touch of the blues.