Re: [Harp-L] Re: amp mod

In a message dated 8/16/04 10:42:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mnessmith@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>"i am trying to find the rod mod for  the tweed bassman that john kinder of
>harp king does.i have an original  59 and dont want to chance damage by
>sending  it."

======================================

You're wise to not  want to risk shipping this gem of an amp. But why mod the
holy grail  anyway!? The Kinder mod, I suspect, is designed to improve '59
Bassman  RE-ISSUE amps, not the real deal. I'd really think twice before
messing with  an original 59 Bassman.
MN
I agree,

To mod up an original '59  Bassman is a seriously bad thing to do. Before you
do any high tech mods,  try messing with some preamp tube swaps (like a
12au7's
or 12ay7's in the  1st and 2nd gain stages- that will tone down the amp a
bit). Messing a '59  Bassman is a mistake period. That amp doesn't need mods,
it is
the standard  by which other amps are modded to.

Andrew

The kinder AFB+ is a device that without doubt was designed and built with
old style amps in mind yes it helps a reissue, but it turns old style amps into
 TONE MONSTERS i know i own an AFB+ and have plugged it into many types of
amps  and for the best results old style amps respond amazingly, i can tell you
i have  heard it plugged into a real 59 bassman with the proper tube set up
and man it  crates monster bass tones it is a wee bit pricey but more than worth
it and you  really don't want to be messing with an original bassman as
lynwood slim once  sang 'if you don't love me baby ,don't be messin' with my bread'
well you know  what i mean i'm sure!

mac