Re: [Harp-L] Re: amp mod

In a message dated 8/16/04 10:42:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mnessmith@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>"i am trying to find the rod mod for the tweed bassman that john kinder of
>harp king does.i have an original 59 and dont want to chance damage by
>sending it."

======================================

You're wise to not want to risk shipping this gem of an amp. But why mod the
holy grail anyway!? The Kinder mod, I suspect, is designed to improve '59
Bassman RE-ISSUE amps, not the real deal. I'd really think twice before
messing with an original 59 Bassman.
MN
I agree,

To mod up an original '59 Bassman is a seriously bad thing to do. Before you
do any high tech mods, try messing with some preamp tube swaps (like a 12au7's
or 12ay7's in the 1st and 2nd gain stages- that will tone down the amp a
bit). Messing a '59 Bassman is a mistake period. That amp doesn't need mods, it is
the standard by which other amps are modded to.

Andrew