Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci and New Blood Revue

Thanks for the review, Larry.

I whole-hartedly agree. Jason Ricci is a creative
force to be reckoned with. He seems to be cutting a
new musical swath for himself that I respect and
admire.

Wish I had your chops, Larry. I'm sure your
performance with him was stellar!

Harpin' in Coloado,
--Ken M.

--- IcemanLE@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Central Florida, the wasteland for touring
> musical acts, is where I live. Vicki and I drove
> 1 1/2 hours to Cocoa Beach to see Jason last
> night.
>
> Judging by how he has improved in the last year,
> Jason is serious about his art. He has absorbed
> the best forward thinking harmonica techniques
> and ideas (from players like Carlos Del Junco)and
> infused them with youthful testosterone
> appropriate to his generation, well matched by
> the young musicians who comprise New Blood.
>
> Jason does enough traditional sounding blues to
> satisfy those "Blues N*zis" who insist that blues
> harmonica be played "thusly". He can also play at
> blinding speed (with those mini-ideas repeated
> over and over forever ad-nauseum), enough to
> satisfy those "Harmonica Gunslinger" characters.
>
> Most importantly, however, is the ensemble
> playing of New Blood, with some of the most
> creative arrangements and funk grooves I've heard
> emanate from a "Blues Bar Stage". Every member of
> the group was given a chance to shine and it's
> obvious they enjoy playing together.
>
> Jason has good stage presence and body English.
> He learned his road warrior lessons well for so
> young a performer and handles the beer soaked
> audience professionally.
>
> Playing with Jason indicated that he listens
> while performing, responding to the creative
> moment, as we crafted "horn line" harmonies and
> ideas within the confines of the music before
> SOLO TIME.
>
> The Jason Ricci and New Blood LIVE experience is
> Highly Recommended.
>
> The Iceman

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
---Li'l Ronnie Owens