[Harp-L] Cheap Microphone

My thanks to who ever suggested this!

Condenser Microphone, Radio Shack #33-3013, $24.99 here in Chicago. Cheap enough to take a chance.

It's a tiny condenser microphone with a small battery powered amplifier and an on-off switch. According to the instructions it's almost flat from 50 Hz to 20 kHz.

I just tried it. I rigged up a finger mount with some masking tape and an arm strap for the amplifier from a bicyclist pants strap, put electrical tape over the reflector.

I mounted in on the inside of my right hand ring finger. I'll make something fancier before I try it in public.

Then I tested it with my tape recorder and it sounds really good.

Wayne Openlander

.