Re: [Harp-L] Re: yet another Juke question (long, but no Le Riff)

scott wrote:

Stephen's comments are very insightful and on-target - a great post.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again: I don't think LW's genius was so much in the area of technical innovation (amplification, fancy licks, etc.) as it was in the way he thought about and approached MUSIC. Anyway, once again, great post, Stephen.
Scott

For me, the immediate attraction to LW was his "stage presence." The thing that makes me come back over and over again is the nuances. He's one of those players you can learn a lot from without memorizing a single lick that he played.

In blues, jazz, rock, r&b...it's the rhythm section that makes or breaks the sound. No soloist can sound any better than the rhythm section allows.
--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly