Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] armonica keys

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mojo Red <harplicks@xxxx> wrote:
--- Peter Thompson <P.Thompson@xxxx>
wrote:
> I need to get some new harps, so if I were to buy
> three, to play cross-harp, what do you recommend
> as the best three harmonica keys to get?
>
> Cheers from down-under,
> Peter Thompson

Hey Peter,

   i ithink you need five harps to start with just to
keep your chops up G,A,Bb,C.D Practicing on a g and a d will get you used to dealing wth
the difrerent reed weights plus you will have a good set of harps to work out on 1st and
3rd position when you get ready, then when you get better go for the eb and the f and low
f if you can handle the high f and the low f you can deal pretty  well with the harps in
between then you can mess around with low e low eb low d and low c and then you ready
for any guitar or horn player, if you only have the bread for 3 harps go with the A.C.and D
robert tifol
=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat
tone."
---Li'l Ronnie Owens