Re: To use magnets instead of a spring in chrom design

A serious reply to the magnet bit with semiserious additives.

The prob with any type of electrically operated switch is that when you say
go, it goes.  At the same speed every time. When you let go the same thing
happens. There is no subtlety to it... there are different ways to approach
the pushing of the button, one doesn't want it rushing down that little
slide slot like an ICBM anxious to spoil someone's day!

I would also like to know why it is that people think they need exoskeletal
super-Power muscle assistance to accelerate the little slide on it's
journey.  In my opinion, if that is what you really want to do then steam
power, or hydraulics would be better.  Steam may be a bit over the top...
but think of the train impressions you could do... whistles an' all.

Nope, I think that if you want to get real control using electricity you
need to go to a linear accelerator. However, make certain you haven't any
magnetic teeth.

Douglas t