Re: "magic box"

> Richard J. Smith, R.A. says:

> I'm interested in the Holmes "HARP COMMANDER", but the price is
> absolutely outrageous.  Is there any real reason why it shouldn't cost
under
> a $100, like a typical guitar stompbox?

It's not really outrageous for waht you get; it's not a ~typical~ stompbox,
Richard. It's almost magic, in fact. You can plug a HC into ANY
amplification (almost) and get gorgeous harp tone out of it. That includes
your kid's Solid State practice amp, or the House PA. It fights feedback,
fattens your tone & matches your mic's impedance to your amp.

If you're gigging & want to travel light, it's one of the smartest
investments you can make (IMO, YMMV)

Kinder's magic box costs more, BTW:
http://www.kinder-instruments.com/12-afb%2B.htm

> Does anyone know where to
> find schematics/plans for a similar type box, that one can build oneself?

No, not likely...certainly not for free.
OTOH, you MIGHT be able to get ~almost~ the same effect by using a good
quality mic amp / impedance matcher + a 10-band graphic EQ. (You'll probably
spend as much...)

> I've seen a plan for Iron Mike Curtis' "MIKE MOJO" box, but frankly the
> plan appears to be incomplete.  The only component shown is the Op-Amp
> itself.  A feedback loop is shown, but no resistors or anything.

I couldn't get it to work either, but I just figured it was MY fault.   ;-)
- -Scorcher