Triplets

Here's a question and please don't change the subject to B.D. :-)

I'm trying to play a 6 blow, 5 draw, 4 draw triplet in a tune on a Bflat harp and the middle note of the triplet does not always sound. Of course now I dread getting to that triplet and its making it worse.

For passing notes, is it considered ok to do triplets by simply opening or closing the mouth and using the suction to draw (rather than breathing)? or is this a bad idea? or simply unnecessarily?

Is this technique used to put an accent on notes or for fast passages.

Thanks,

Pierre

 PS: I think the harp is set up right.