Re: Goodbye Bob, Hello Woody

<<I've got a Woody Guthrie piece on a compilation somewhere.  I've always
been struck by how well the harmonica is played on that cut.  I think the
problem is one of access, there aren't all that many Woody Guthrie tunes
with harmonica available.  I wouldn't call him a prophet without honour in
his own country.  All he needs is a quick Ken Burns speciual and everyone
would be all agog.  fjm>>

In the UK a while back we had a superb documentary series on the BBC called
Arena.  They did a great one on Woody which featured a lot of Alan Lomax
talking about him and even some rare footage of Woody singing and playing
guitar.  Lomax was of course the man who did the Library of Congress
recordings with Woody.  I had the documentary on video but my beloved wife
taped over it.  It's OK, she doesn't read my emails.

Steve

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger