Re: Harmonica that ruins a song.

 > But, last night I heard a Bruce Springsteen song that sound really
 > interesting until the harmonica part.  The song was totally ruined.  I
 > believe the harmonica wasn't in tune with itself.  The wide random
 > cords sounded like a gang of former Soviet steel reeds.  I just turned
 > the radio to a different station.
 >
 > Did Stringsteen do this often?
 >
 > Sam

<<I hope you realize that you are treading on thin ice.
It is all a matter of personal opinion what sounds good and what does not,
what is musically offensive and what is not, what serves the song and what
does
not. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your statements, just putting
forth another view of your opinion.

If the harp is out of tune then that is not good, and that isn't an opinion.
  What I seem to hear a lot of the time is a harp not tuned to the same
temperament as the guitar/other, which (in my opinion!) is also not good.

Steve

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica