Harmonica that ruines a song.

A reoccurring theme here is popular musicians who can't play harp but
do.  Names that pop up are Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Alianis Morsette.

Dylan and Young are unfairly criticized, though not always good
harmonica it still adds to the music and sounds good.  Morsette doesn't
count as a harmonica player.

But, last night I heard a Bruce Springsteen song that sound really
interesting until the harmonica part.  The song was totally ruined.  I
believe the harmonica wasn't in tune with itself.  The wide random
cords sounded like a gang of former Soviet steel reeds.  I just turned
the radio to a different station.

Did Stringsteen do this often?

Sam