Re: question for recording buffs

Thanks to Tom for the interesting article.  I know I'm going against the
conventional wisdom here but I really like an Audio Technica 4047 for
recording acoustic harmonica.  The high spl keeps it from splatting so
you get to play overa wider dynamic range which has always been a
problem for me with other mics.  I've used ribbon mics for recording
amplified and liked how that turned out.  I'm sure an SM58 would have
been fine too.  The downside of the AT 4047 is cost and fragility.  fjm