Re: question for recording buffs

In a message dated 4/26/04 3:00:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
harpmanx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
All,
I agree with Andrew's comments about the Shure 58, it's been the industry
standard for a long time for good reason.  But, as an alternative, I picked
up some Samson Q mics that I like even better, they have a more defined
bottom end and really high feedback threshold.  And I got the pair of them
for about $45.  Can't beat that.  I use one to mic my amp, and one for
vocals, and occassionally as a harp mic, and they're great for recording
too!!

Hambone
Hey Hambone,

The singer in my band sings through one of the low budget R11 mics by Samson.
I have played through one once (when I accidentally left my Sennheiser 835 at
home). I must say it was a nice mic, I actually thought it held up a bit
better than some of the Shure 58 I have played through. Samson is a good company,
and along with Peavey it's nice to know that there is a company out there that
is making low cost high quality stuff for us peons on the low rung of the
musical world ladder.

Andrew