amp emulators

I just acquired a pair of JBL Eon 10 G2 powered speakers.  I'm planning
on using them for monitors in conjunction with our P.A. but while
reading the owner's manual it ocurred to me they'd be great for use with
a POD or other similar emulator.  You've got a great sounding speaker
with versatile inputs and a bunch of power.  It's easily placed on a
tripod stand so you could get it at ear level and it's pretty resistant
to feeding back because of the horn configuration.  Very light and small
and being a JBL roduct it'd last forever.  Anyone ever try one of these
with an emulator?  The only downside being price, they're not cheap.  fjm