Re: RE : C Bell, what mic does he use?

this is why i love this sight   all this talk about equipment   cool   I decided to dig
out my out s... i mean stuff and think about draging equipment with me on gigs again
most times I just go through the PA and add the umpapa with my ass  I found an old shure   don't work   can't get it apart yet it's
 (also got an old ampeg with a 10 inch
speaker   anyone using such a thing.)   school almost over for the semester  wow
hole lotta music this summer.  I would like to attend a harp tuning and repair
workshop   oh well I'm like most bluz guy's under financed(bent not broke)
still hop'n to hear john S this evening at the daffodil fest.  later Ben

scott <checker758@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the info.  Carey never mentioned the name of the guy who gave him the mic, or exactly where he was from - I got the impression that he may not have remembered this himself, so it's good to be able to give credit where credit is due.

BTW, I saw Kim last night, and the only mic he used all night was an older Astatic JT-30.  He had two amps on stage - a funky looking gray "Meteor" (which I understand is something new, made by a fellow harp-l member), and an even funkier looking old Fender Bassman that was painted red from top to bottom.  He used the Meteor on the first set, and it sounded great, but he was having some feedback problems, and I think he switched over to the Bassman for the second set.

Scott

Robert Koch <rok68@xxxxxx> wrote:

I haven't seen Carey in a while, but I co-produced the two CDs he did for Alligator.  During that time, he always used a custom made mic that was given to him by an admirer while on tour in Scandanavia somewhere - it was the element from a Shure SM57 installed into a gold colored body that was a lot smaller and shorter than an SM57 body, and was machined to fit nicely in the hand when cupped with a harp.
The name of the "admirer" is B. Lilleland. He lives in Norway and also made some custom mics for Kim who is currently playing his "Juke" microphone. It's an all-brass mic fiited with some dynamic element. The first version had a volume control AND a tone control. Mail me off list and I'll send some pictures.
Sunnyside

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?