Re: Bassman RI speaker swaps

What's shakin Jeff ?  You can put 8's in there wired just like the 10's.
Just make sure that they're
8ohm speakers. If you put a 12 in the bottom just make sure that it's an
8ohmer too. Either way
will be fine but with the 8's you may be pushing too much power and blow the
speakers. Not
only that but 8" speakers wont carry too far from the stage. You may find
that you sound great
on stage but no one can hear you in the crowd. A 12 in the bottom open's up
a whole new
dimension and some great bottom end. As far as wiring them in, the 8's go
the same way as the 10's.
The addition of a 12 would be the same except one of the speaker plugs on
the chassis will have
nothing plugged in to it. The impedance is still good for the output tranny.

Scooter

>  What would happen if I were to make a new baffleboard for my Bassman
Re-Issue, (with holes for 8" speakers)...could I simply sub the 8's for the
10's, without any additional adjustments? Has anydone tried this? Do they
simply have to be the same Ohm-age?
>  Or, as referenced in one of Scooter's posts (re:Kim Wilson's amps), what
about replacing 2 of the 10" speakers with a single 12?" Or does it have to
be a one-to-one swap?
>  I'd like to hear from someone about SIMPLE speaker-swapping, explained on
a very practical level (on account of that's the kinda guy I am), especially
with regard to the Bassman RI.

>  Bonus question: My local custom guitar shop guy is selling the
Yello-Jacket tubes ($119 per pair) that allow for tube-swapping without
rebiasing. Anyone try these yet?