Re: Be-Bop tuning was:Moanin' and the CX-10 [Mitch is Great!]

> --- Hambone Hamilton <harpmanx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > So tell us more about Be-Bop Tuning, please.
> > Hambone
> >

> Jp offers:
> i don't have much to tell, but i can point you to
> people who do. essentially, Bebop tuning just replaces
> on of the doubled C's (and C#'s) of each pair found on
> a regular C chrom. (for other key chroms, just
> extrapolate... ;). so, for example, instead of having
> the blow plane of a chro be C E G C C E G C C
> ...etc..., it would be C E G Bb C E G Bb C... etc...
> so now you have an extra note you can play without
> hitting the button. when you press the button in on
> that Bb, your new note is B instead of C#. there's
> other benefits to this, of course. (and, you don't
> have to use Bb/B. you can make that "extra" C/C#
> pretty much whatever you want, but i think A/Bb is
> another popular alternative.)

Missin lists 2 Bebop schemes:

12.3f - BEBOP TUNING (See 5.6)

BLOW SLIDE IN  C#  E#  G#  B   C#  E#  G#  B   C#  E#  G#  B
BLOW SLIDE OUT C   E   G   Bb  C   E   G   Bb  C   E   G   Bb
HOLE NUMBER    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10  11  12
DRAW SLIDE IN  D#  F#  A#  B#  D#  F#  A#  B#  D#  F#  A#  B#
DRAW SLIDE OUT D   F   A   B   D   F   A   B   D   F   A   B

12.3g - BEBOP II TUNING (See 5.6a)

BLOW SLIDE IN  C#  E#  G#  Bb  C#  E#  G#  Bb  C#  E#  G#  Bb
BLOW SLIDE OUT C   E   G   A   C   E   G   A   C   E   G   A
HOLE NUMBER    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10  11  12
DRAW SLIDE IN  D#  F#  A   C   D#  F#  A   C   D#  F#  A   C
DRAW SLIDE OUT D   F   G#  B   D   F   G#  B   D   F   G#  B

I have a 270 tuned to Bebop (12.3f) - It's not a LOT different from solo, so
it'd be pretty easy to adapt.
I say it ~would~ be because I've decided, for the time being to stick with
solo - the more I play it the more comfortable I'm getting with it.

Just my $.02
- -Scorcher