dennis gruenling with peter karp

saw a great show saturday night.  just happened to be looking
at dennis gruenling's site friday, and saw that he'd be playing
in berkeley heights (about 10 minutes from my house) the next night.
after seeing him open for kim wilson on wednesday, i was psyched.

it was a great show.  little tiny place, a local bar.  the space for the
band and audience was maybe a little bigger than my living room,
with the bar over to the side of this.  the sad part was that this was
more than enough space, since there were only 8 or so of us there.
sigh.

they played 3 sets, a mix of originals, blues standards, with a few
dylan tunes thrown in for good measure ("like a rolling stone" was
off the charts).  the band was tight, the harp was great, a terrific
night.  they finished about 1:30, way past my bedtime.

any of you folks in NJ, catch these guys if you can.  you can
find dennis' gig schedule at
http://www.backbenderrecords.com/gruenlingperform.htm

- ----
Garry Hodgson, Technology Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.