Re: plastic reedplates?

At 05:19 PM 4/18/2004, Pat Missin wrote:

> >Have any successful harmonicas ever been made with plastic reedplates?
>
>I guess that depends on how you define "successful". Finn Magnus
>became a millionaire by manufacturing harmonicas that were entirely
>made of plastic.
>
>  -- Pat.

Irresistible to run a search on Finn Magnus's name and see what
appears.  One entry under a site called Horatio Alger Stories.  Then there
are some desultory sites linked to old-time toy collections.  What scared
me is I remember the Magnus Organ because I may have had one when I was a
kid--if I played it I must have looked like Schroeder in "Peanuts."  Like
the harmonica, it was all plastic and/or bakelite.  I probably owned at
least one of the harmonicas as well.  I have absolutely on recollection of
how they sounded, quality, any of that stuff.

KW

"If you think you're in control, try giving orders to your cat."--Anonymous
Kenneth
Wolman        http://www.kenwolman.com           http://kenwolman.blogspot.com