RE: Re Calling all piggyback players!

Yeah!! I was using that technic when I was busking in Galway (Ireland): playing jigs and reels and hornpipe with a paddle weel tremolo harp.
That was great fun and the people enjoyed it. I could change the key and make the theme less repetitive!! But sometimes, at the end of the day, I was getting tired and then, It happened that I take the wrong key! Lol

Froggy

Steve Shaw <moorcot@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Ben Boylan wrote:
> > >
> > >Greetings, all.
> > >Does anyone else out there play two diatonic harmonicas at a time,
> > >switching between them not just for a certain few notes, but for the
> > >chords.
> > >I'm looking to start a discussion about this technique, if
> > there's interest.
> > >Harp purists, keep in mind that you can get chords that are otherwise
> > >impossible with one 10-hole or chromatic, and therein lies the
> intrigue.
> >
> > I do this quite a bit (sometimes using three harps) and one of the
> > additions to my website that I am currently putting together will be a
> > page focusing on this topic.

Wow, I'm really glad to see so many of you admitting to this
technique - I thought I was "cheating"!
- -Scorcher

It isn't quite the same thing, but if you want two harps of different keys
at the same time you can use a double-sided Hohner Echo tremolo. With a bit
of practice you can get very nifty at flipping it over just for a short
phrase in a modulated key, then back again. I suppose you couldn't really
call this piggybackin' though - the piggies are sort of snout-to-snout....or
is it **s to **s........

Steve Shaw

Want more than the blues? Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica