Tribute to...

I agree that many tributes are not as interesting as the 'originals', but that's not always
the case. To give a couple of examples from my own collection: Tierney Sutton's tribute
to Bill Evans is a fabulous album, certainly of the same quality as Bill Evans' own work,
and I actually prefer Joshua Breakstone's playing on his Grant Green tribute to GG's
own work. I do find most modern blues players less exciting than the 50s ones, though
the samples of Dennis Gruenling I listened to recaptured that old excitement, I felt.

- -Keith