RE: Re Calling all piggyback players!

 > > Ben Boylan wrote:
 > > >
 > > >Greetings, all.
 > > >Does anyone else out there play two diatonic harmonicas at a time,
 > > >switching between them not just for a certain few notes, but for the
 > > >chords.
 > > >I'm looking to start a discussion about this technique, if
 > > there's interest.
 > > >Harp purists, keep in mind that you can get chords that are otherwise
 > > >impossible with one 10-hole or chromatic, and therein lies the
 > intrigue.
 > >
 > > I do this quite a bit (sometimes using three harps) and one of the
 > > additions to my website that I am currently putting together will be a
 > > page focusing on this topic.

Wow, I'm really glad to see so many of you admitting to this
technique - I thought I was "cheating"!
- -Scorcher

It isn't quite the same thing, but if you want two harps of different keys
at the same time you can use a double-sided Hohner Echo tremolo.  With a bit
of practice you can get very nifty at flipping it over just for a short
phrase in a modulated key, then back again.  I suppose you couldn't really
call this piggybackin' though - the piggies are sort of snout-to-snout....or
is it **s to **s........

Steve Shaw

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica