RE: Potentially Decent Harp Amp?

Howard Speculates:
> Best bet would be to find one at a dealer/music store and try it out.
> Though it has three 12AX7 tubes (as others have pointed out), one of
> those is probably the driver for the reverb unit, leaving the other two
> 12AX7's as a preamp and an inverter stage.
>
> <speculation mode on>  I doubt that the amp's primary amplification
> circuitry is much different from a Blues Junior, though it does have
> some bells/whistles that the Blues Jr does not have.

I may be wrong, but I ~believe~ Carvin's Schematic is more like Mesa
Boogie's than Fender's...If so, it has a ton more gain in the pre-amp stage
than a small Fender Combo. (again, I may be wrong.)

The Carvin sells Direct only (so no music store auditions, unless you live
in San Diego!) for $399.00 plus $29.00 Freight.
If you HAVE to buy new, for less money why not look at a Fender Pro Jr?
Musician's Friend sells 'em for $329.00 + Frt: http://tinyurl.com/3dqgf

If you DON'T have to buy new, get an old Kalamazoo or Silvertone for a
couple of hundred.
- -Scorcher