Re: broken reed means toast?

Thanks Froggy for the links you provided. However,

From: Nicolas Fouquet (with minor edits for reply)
> of course you can change the reed of your harmonica. The subject is
> very well explained on some web sites:
>
> 1. www.patmissin.com (for the english speakers)
> 2. http://www.chmel-classic.de/sites/english.html (for both english and
German speaker)
> 3. http://membres.lycos.fr/cainaud/ (for the French speakers)
> 4. http://www.doctorharp.it/ (for both Italian and English speakers)
> 5. http://www.tenhole.com/ (for english speakers)

I found info on reed repair only in #2 and #4. The former is really hard to
follow, and too few explanations to be of any use but to someone who has
loads of time on their hands, and the latter seems to have been translated
by a computer, with entertaining text such as:

<quote>
Finally, armed you with much patience and a little giving up spirit, in fact
capiterà to you that some of your repairs will not go for as there were
imagines to you, or for a your error or perhaps also because of the not
perfect original manufacture of the harmonica. To this point it will not
remain to you that to conserve it in your attended cemetary in that you
leave of it they can serve to a harmonica po' a more lucky person.
</quote>

I do gather from #4 that unless I have another kaput harmonica from which to
take the reed, making the tools or a reed will be a investement in time
and/or money much larger than replacing the whole harmonica. I'll keep it in
my "attended cemetary" for now, in case anyone on the list has a C-harp 8th
hole blow reed they don't need :)

Cheers,
Oliver