Re: Lester Butler (was: the Boogie)

- --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ludo Beckers"
<lazylew2@xxxx> wrote:

> I was fortunate enough to do European tours with RL
for two years.
> Unfortunately he didn't record (then) in Europe, and
had another
> harmonicaplayer on his Fat Possum-cd.
> This harper has the same initials as me - LB - but
is slightly more famous,
> and not with us anymore.

i was gonna mention Lester earlier, but as far as i
know, he only recorded one track with RL, on the "Come
on In" album. i can't even remember the track name,
but the harp part wasn't very big. it was, as i
recall, a kind of 'remixed' version of "Been
Mistreated" or maybe it was "Come on In," and Lester's
couple-of-notes riff is just repeated throughout.
if he played with him on a European tour, i'd love to
get my hands on recordings of that...

speaking of which, is there any indication that
Lester's recordings with Mick Jagger will ever be
released? (they'd be the PERFECT answer to Aerosmith's
"Honkin on Bobo" and Clapton's latest CD.)
and does anyone know if there were more recordings
from the "King King" session that aren't on the album?
it doesn't seem like that was their whole set...