Re: [HarpTalk] Re: NEW Clapton CD with Jerry Portnoy

Fernando Toral <ftoral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Garry Hodgson ha escrito:
> > i have this same problem with other clapton albums.
> > they're about clapton, not about harp.
> oh yes... following the same concept, Muddy Waters (it's just
> one example, choose any artist or band that includes
> a harp player) are his albums, not about harp (?).

the muddy waters shows i've heard feature the harp
much more than the eric clapton shows i've heard.
it's more integral to the muddy stuff, more of an afterthought with eric.

> But let's go ahead. I didn't have the chance to listen to this EC album, (I can recall "From The Cradle", where JP
> also plays) but I know what you mean: don't forget that Jerry, as the other musicians, were called to second
> Clapton as sessionist, they are not leaders in this album.

that's exactly my point.

- ----
Garry Hodgson, Technology Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.