Re: Charlie Musselwhite (and Tampa Blues Fest, too).

> btw, I have as yet to hear a recording capture the full warmth of his singing
> and harmonica playing. Charlie definitely needs to be heard live to give you
> the full impact of his abilities, of which lately I heard his set at the Tampa
> Blues Fest (and met the nice folks from "Best Little Harp House" as well).

I am in a dangerous place for a guy with no money--I work 30 minutes from Bordentown, NJ and the Best Little Harp House.  It's in the back room of a men's clothing store on the main drag.  It isn't marked so you have to know the name of the clothing store to find what you're after, then find a parking space (nice trick in Bordentown).  Those guys are so nice and so knowledgeable they could sell me my own watch.  Actually, they simply do fact and opinion, then let the customer persuade himself, but they are indeed up on the pluses and minuses of everything they sell.  I walked out of there $115 lighter for a Suzuki 12-hole chrom with the warning that Suzuki's service department is about as reliable as a block of ice in July.  The harp's worth it.  And last week one of the guys in the store told me on the phone that when they were in Tampa, Charlie Musselwhite came over just to hang out at their booth--a genuinely nice man as well as being a great player.

Ken
To love dogs is to know death and to accept that there's never a time we are more morally obliged to speak for them than when they face the end of their lives.

- --
Access your POP email anytime, anywhere with WebMail.com (www.webmail.com), a product of Mail.com.