Re: David Barrett Harmonica Masterclass

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Graham" <ggraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > I have gone to a Gindick seminar and am going to Barrett's in the fall.
> > Jon's is very loose and jam oriented...Even though it is beginner to
> > intermediate oriented there were some very advanced players.... there
and
> a lot of great ideas passed around.

The beginner/ intermediate thing was definitely true going into the first
workshop in Irvine.  As his seminars have
have evolved things have changed a bit.  Jon has made a commitment to
surrounding himself with some of the best  instructors/players available
(Joe Filisko, The Iceman, Allen Radcliff Holmes, The Harmaniac, Dennis
Gruenling, etc..) therefore, the level of instruction and the skill level of
the attendees has shifted upwards and includes many very advanced players.

> > I am also looking forward to Dave's seminar although someone else will
> have to comment on it. My impression  is that it is more for intermediate
> > advanced. players, and that the classes are more structured and
technical.
> > Most of the jamming is done in the evening to a full band. I am
expecting
> to > have fun there also. Can anybody else comment?

I've been to all the Gindick seminars and I've been to Davids as well.  I'd
have to agree that
Davids stuff is more technical with a bit more of a classroom feel to the
program.  That being
said, I rate his Hawaii seminar in 2002 as one of the highlights of my life
as a harmonica player.
I can say the same thing about Gindicks seminar in DC earlier this year.
Both guys put together
excellent programs. You owe it to yourself to check them both out.

Mark