Re: CX12 tight slide action

Hi Ric,

Check to see if any of the plastic tabs on the upper part of the comb may have broken off.  This would be right below the mouthpiece.

I had some break off of my CX-12 after I had dropped it.  I didn't realize the tabs had broken off until I had problem with the slide sticking.

I removed the spring and plastic button from the slide, then with the slide all the way out, started pushing the metal slide back in to see if I could feel where it was hanging up in the tight spots.

I used a sharp knife to shave small amounts off of the underside of the mouthpiece where the tightness occurred--shaving from the button-side to the other side, hole by hole, checking with the slide after each shaving-adjustment.

This got my CX-12 back into working order.

I like my tenor CX-12, but hate all the plastic pieces.

I also filed and rounded the ends of the metal bottom plate that holds everything together so that the metal corner stops do not keep hitting the cover when you push and slide the back plate off and on which could damage the cover or wear on the slot opeenings.  I got this tip from G's website at:

http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/maintassemb.html#cx12work

Hope this helps!

Ken Hildebrand

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com