Re: Like to learn

Two other books i reccommend are Don Baker's book/cd and Phil Duncan's "You Can Teach Yourself Blues Harp" bk/cd.  Phil's provides the most sheet music of any beginner book i have (I'm thinking that's got to be better for somebody coming from another instrument) - and I do have Portnoy's cd - but Phil's has lots of patterns 189 tracks to be exact - i don't remember that many in Jerry's cd - Jerry's is more about technique (if memory serves me correct)so if somebody had lots of money i would advise both in conjunction

Phil's book takes you right up to performing St James in E on 5th position. Which makes for a very nice achievement when you get there

crowley