Re: On sound differences (No. 2)

Hi Garry,

you write:

>> taste is disputable - theres no accounting for tastes (ueber Geschmack=20
>> laesst=20
>> sich streiten - ber Geschmack laesst sich nicht streiten). However, these
>> sayings arent so opposite as they seem on the first view. <<

< these must lose something in translation, because the two sayings in
< english are saying the same thing.<

Thank you very much for your remarking. I knew that there might be a mistake
in the English version.=20

The saying "there=B4s no accounting..." I took from my German-English=20
dictionary=20
which says in German that one can dispute or quarrel about taste (ueber=20
Geschmack kann man streiten).=20

However, I didn=B4t trust my dictionary because I misinterpreted "no=20
accounting" =3D =20
no discussion and "invented" the version" taste is disputable" as the=20
opposite.

Upshot: you should better trust the dictionary. But one thing is sure, I=B4l=
l=20
never
             forget that, thanks.

Siegfried