Re: Solder on reeds

<<...Sorry if I lead (no pun intended) anyone astray, but I am from the
"old" school and considered by most to be very primitive. I will cut myself
with a plane, squeeze out some blood (to flush out the wound), run it under
water, place a piece of rag (Clean, if I can find it), and wrap it in duct
tape. I guess my methods sound barbaric, but I (frankly) never gave a
schitt. I have been in a helicopter crash, several horrendous traffic
accidents, a war, and a prison riot. My entire face has been re-built and I
am still here. If I died tomorrow, I would welcome it. Wouldn't be no big
loss.

  I also use nail polish on reeds, jewelry cement on the windsavers, I MAKE
my windsavers from audio tape, I place cat whiskers on top of them to add
tension and keep them from curling. I have made reeds from hammered out
bullet casings and japaneese radio antennaes. In 1958 I started cutting the
5 & 9 draw reeds (diatonic) UP 1/2 tone. So, I have been at this a long
time. While I'm no virgin, I don't do much of it any more because it quit
being fun.

  I was just trying to share some of my methods......sorry......
smo-joe (smokey) Joseph Leone (leone@ ewol.com) North Port Fl. (formerly
Pittsburgh, Pa).>>>

I can believe the rest of it, even the cat whiskers....but can you believe
that he goes into a shop to ask for NAIL POLISH?

Steve Shaw (still trying to pick himself up off the floor).