Re: Handling diatonics on stage, etc.

There used to be a plastic tray called a "ToyBox", that clamped to the shaft
of your mic stand and could be angled.  Someone stole my mic stand, and they
don't make 'em any more.  But this would be ideal for harps, as long as
you're not greedy (it'd easily hold a dozen Oskars in a Hohner case) and you
have a very stable mic stand.

Along these lines, if you have a lot of heavy stuff (or just prefer
something a little more balanced), you might want something that went around
the mic stand, like a patio table umbrella.

The one HUGE danger in crowded places with lots of drunks is that it WILL
get knocked over sooner or later.  Also, I don't like having my harps within
grabbing distance of the audience.

 -- IronMan Mike Curtis www.ironmancurtis.com www.southlandblues.com
Sundays, 2pm Stagger Inn, 9108 Alondra, Bellflower
exc. Last Sun, Tia Juanas, Irvine (LARHA harp jam)
Tue 8pm (jam) Starboard Attitude, Redondo Beach
Video of "All My Wine"
http://www.studiocam.org/rplayer/rplayermc56.htm