Re: Performers vs entertainers

>>Message: 10
>>    Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:42:07 EDT
>>    From: WLeeLewis@xxxxxxx
>>Subject: Performers VS Entertainers!
>>

>>On the other hand, if you are there to entertain and the audience is there to
>>have fun, it serves the needs of both groups to have the audience
>>participate, up to a point.  Such an audience can accomodate a
>>little gussing (with
>>performer control) and the audience might even wish to hear the
>>"pretender" perform.

   Omigod, after hearing all this talk about gussing, I'm totally
paranoid. I'll have to go into the garage and take the "Gas-pipe"

   Someone mentioned a guy off to the side gussing while another (much
better) player was doing his performance..Eeegad..that was ME..the
gusser, that is.

   Then someone mentioned the fellow down in front gussing the
band..Ahh, Errr, Me again, blush

   Then there was the guy in the corner trying to figure out what key
the band was in..oops me again.

   Cripes, I even gussed Hendrik Meurkens once. He was doing mostly
contemporary American Standards in Jazz and I was trying to hint for
him to do something Brasillian, so I pulled my 12 shooter and blew a
rendition of "Chega de Suadade".

   So, IF he wasn't actually playing at the time (himself), is that
STILL gussing?

   Seriously though, there IS a difference between Performer and
Entertainer. Most situations I have seen slant towards Entertainment.
A SPAH SHOW would be Performance.

  Smokey-Gus